To Make an Appointment
Please call 269-382-2500 and dial ‘21’ to speak with a patient scheduler.
Callers should be prepared to provide the following information, which will be used to make appropriate appointments:
- Patient name, address, phone number, date of birth and Social Security number
- Patient insurance information, including policy ID number and group number
- Date of diagnosis if the patient has been diagnosed with cancer
- Information about diagnostic tests or previous cancer treatment the patient has received
- Patient medical records for physician review before first visit
Waiting Time for Appointments
Because patients often are anxious about a cancer diagnosis, our staff will strive to arrange appointments with appropriate physicians quickly. Frequently, patients may have to wait only a few days for an appointment. However, one- to two-week waiting times are not unusual, particularly in the case of less urgent conditions. Please know that we will respond to your needs as efficiently as possible and expedite the appointment process to the best of our ability.
Release of Medical Information
In order to make an appointment, we may need to see records from your physician or the physician who diagnosed cancer. In accordance with federal guidelines, you must request that your physician send these records to you or to your physician at West Michigan Cancer Center.