For certain cancers and bleeding disorders, the transition from diagnosis to a comprehensive treatment plan has never been faster.
West Michigan Cancer Center has established three specialty clinics—the Breast Cancer Clinic, the Neuro-Oncology Clinic and the Hemophilia Clinic—in an effort to treat patients more quickly and efficiently. After just a single meeting with our team, each patient leaves with a comprehensive treatment plan that can be acted upon immediately. We also provide second opinion consultations for patients from other treatment facilities.
Clinics provide every patient with:
- A complete and all-encompassing review of their medical records prior to the initial consultation to assure an efficient, cost-effective visit. The expertise of the multi-disciplinary team results in consensus treatment decisions.
- Multi-disciplinary, coordinated clinic care in which any additional tests and consultations are scheduled on the day of consultation whenever possible.
- Complete consultation and information sharing with the primary care/referring physician.
- Reports to the referring physician, usually within 72 hours of the visit.
- Comprehensive education materials.
- An opportunity to meet with a social worker and dietitian to discuss concerns or special needs.
- Access to educational support groups.
- Access to clinical trials from the National Cancer Institute and studies through pharmaceutical companies.
- In neuro-oncology cases, referral to a neurologist for further management of their disease.
WMCC Specialty Clinics
For the Breast and Neuro-Oncology Clinics, appointments can be scheduled by the patient or referring physician by calling 269-382-2500 and dialing ‘21’.
For the Hemophilia Clinic, please contact the Hemophilia Nurse Coordinator at 269-373-7479.