Annual Gift Funds
Treating and curing cancer and blood diseases is a costly process. But we are committed to providing treatment to everyone, regardless of their ability to pay. To support that commitment, countless area residents like you have made lifesaving and life-affirming contributions to West Michigan Cancer Center & Institute for Blood Disorders.
With your help, we are treating and beating these diseases. Your generous gifts fund the care that provides hope and help to thousands of local patients and their families. Every gift makes a difference.
Learn more about the following donation types:
Your support helps WMCC in its ability to meet the community’s needs.
Donations by Phone, Fax and Mail
- By phone, call us at 269-384-8624.
- By email, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail, send to: West Michigan Cancer Center & Institute for Blood Disorders, Attn: Development, 200 North Park Street, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 49007
- By fax, 269-384-8619. Please send to the attention of Development.
You may memorialize or honor a family member, friend, or co-worker by making a gift of any amount. Honorary gifts may also be made for special occasions such as birthdays or anniversaries. Families and friends will be notified of your gift while the amount of the gift remains confidential.
Annual giving contributes to the critical base of ongoing support for WMCC to meet the needs of our community. Through these donations, we are able to provide state-of-the-art research, advanced diagnostic and treatment procedures, and an extensive list of patient care services to patients and their families at no charge. The battle against cancer and blood diseases is funded by your generosity.
Every year community members give generously of their time and talents to plan fundraising events benefiting West Michigan Cancer Center & Institute for Blood Disorders. Past events have included golf outings, sporting events, and house parties. Every dollar donated from these community events supports the mission of WMCC to improve survivorship and lessen the burden of illness through expert treatment, compassionate care, early detection, research, and education.
All events require prior approval from the WMCC Development Department. For more information, please email email@example.com or phone 269-384-8624.
Planned giving makes it possible for you to achieve your personal financial goals while still making a substantial gift to benefit the Center. Some planned gifts provide life income, making them attractive income supplements. Other planned gifts can minimize estate taxes, with assets first providing support for West Michigan Cancer Center & Institute for Blood Disorders and the specified remainder ultimately going to family members. There are many planned giving options. The most common method is giving a specific dollar amount or percentage of your assets through a beneficiary designation in your will or trust. You should choose a method of giving that makes the most sense to you and your financial or legal advisor.
Examples of ways to make a planned gift: Bequest in Will or Codicil, Charitable Gift Annuity, Charitable Lead Trust, Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust, Charitable Remainder Unit Trust, Gifts of Securities, Pooled Income Fund, Real Estate and Retirement Plan Beneficiary. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 269-384-8624.
West Michigan Cancer Center & Institute for Blood Disorders, and its officers and employees, are not engaged in rendering legal or tax advice. Information included on this website is provided for general information only. If you wish to make a planned gift, consult with your legal or tax advisors for the latest applicable laws.
West Michigan Cancer Center & Institute for Blood Disorders, in collaboration with the Kalamazoo Community Foundation, has created an Endowment Fund to ensure our long-term viability and growth. Your gift to the WMCC Endowment Fund helps ensure quality treatment and care will be available to your family, friends, and neighbors for generations to come. Endowment gifts may be eligible for the Michigan Tax Credit. For more information, visit the Kalamazoo County Foundation website.
Increase the power of your donation by participating in your employer’s matching gift program. Many employers in the West Michigan area will match your contribution to WMCC. Contact your human resources department to obtain a matching gift form.
The generosity of our community makes the work of West Michigan Cancer Center & Institute for Blood Disorders possible and supports the many wonderful programs and classes included in our Patient Care Services Program. We are most grateful for your thoughtfulness.
Due to the number of donations we receive, we have developed these donation guidelines and must strictly enforce them. Our aim is to serve our patients and, your generosity by making sure that donations given can be used without taking staff time away from patients or causing unfair treatment among donors.
WMCC CAN accept the following in-kind donations:
- New Hats and Scarves
- New Blankets
- Nutritional Supplements such as “Boost”
WMCC CANNOT accept the following in-kind donations:
- Medications or unused prescriptions
- Art or other memorabilia to be hung in the center
- Medical equipment (walkers, wheelchairs, canes, etc.) Medical equipment donations are accepted at the following three local agencies.
- Senior Services of Kalamazoo County: 918 Jasper Street, Kalamazoo; (269) 382-0515
- Lending Hands: 5348 Ivanhoe Court, Portage; (269) 567-4381
- Hospice of SW Michigan, 222 N. Kalamazoo Mall, Suite 100; (269) 345-0273
- Wigs, bras and prosthetics: these items may be given to the American Cancer Society located at 1400 West Milham, Portage, Phone; (269) 349-8719
- Puzzles/Games:these items may be taken to the Discovery Center, 4502 W. Main Street, Westwood Mall; (269) 345-0661
- Books/Magazines: these items may be donated to the Friends of the Kalamazoo Public Library, 315 Rose Street, lower level of Central Library; (269) 553-7820
- Miscellaneous Items (Anything not listed as an accepted in-kind donation item)
If you have any questions about donations to WMCC or would like to make a financial donation please call (269) 384-8624 or email email@example.com.