West Michigan Cancer Center & Institute for Blood Disorders has established a Hemophilia Clinic in an effort to treat patients more quickly and efficiently. The clinic provides each patient with a comprehensive treatment plan that can be acted upon immediately. We also provide second opinion consultations for patients from other treatment facilities.
Clinics provide every patient with:
- A complete and all-encompassing review of their medical records prior to the initial consultation to assure an efficient, cost-effective visit. The expertise of the multi-disciplinary team results in consensus treatment decisions.
- Multi-disciplinary, coordinated clinic care in which any additional tests and consultations are scheduled on the day of consultation whenever possible.
- Complete consultation and information sharing with the primary care/referring physician.
- Reports to the referring physician, usually within 72 hours of the visit.
- Comprehensive education materials.
- An opportunity to meet with a social worker and dietitian to discuss concerns or special needs.
- Access to clinical trials through the Cancer Research Consortium of West Michigan (CRCWM), a member of the National Cancer Institute Clinical Oncology Research Program (NCORP).
WMCC Hemophilia Clinic
For more information about the Hemophilia Clinic, call 269-373-7479 or toll free at 800-949-4366.