As hair loss is a potential side effect of some treatments, we have gathered a list of wig resources in the area. Wigs may be discounted or reimbursed through some insurance companies with proper documentation from your oncologist (i.e. prescriptions for a cranial prosthesis). Please get prior authorization from your insurance provider first. You can find TLC catalogs with wig information in our lobbies. Visit www.ebeauty.com for information on obtaining a free wig. The American Cancer Society (1-800-227-2345) has additional wig resources available as well.
- Berrien County Cancer Service: 3900 Hollywood Road, St. Joseph, MI 49085. (269) 429-3281. No appointment necessary. They have a large selection of free wigs available.
- Studio 1: 2540 Paulmar Ave, St. Joseph, MI 49085. (269) 428-3400. Appointments are required for free consults with a licensed cosmetologist. Hundreds of wigs in stock (ranging from $199 and up). Some donated wigs are available in the Angel’s Closet (free); payment plans also accepted.
- The Hair Shed Natural Woman: 502 Main Street, Battle Creek, MI 49014. (269) 962-8729. Please contact Ron for details.
- Cleopatra’s Hair Hut: 136 N. Rowland Street, Cassopolis, MI, 49031. (269) 445-2686. No appointment necessary. They offer a selection of free wigs, hats and scarves for CASS COUNTY residents ONLY. Wig maintenance is also a free service provided.
- Beautifully Unique: 2004 Inverway Court, Kalamazoo, MI 49009. (269) 312-8733. No appointment necessary, free wigs available when donations are in stock. Various mastectomy resources as well.
- Eve Salonspa: 7117 S. Westnedge, Portage MI 49002. (269) 327-4811. Call ahead to make an appointment with their wig specialist. All wigs are ordered and a second appointment is scheduled for fitting/styling when the wig is delivered.
VAN BUREN COUNTY
- Urban Studio Salon and Spa: 518 Quaker Street, South Haven, MI 49090. (269) 637-6821. Appointments are preferred. They sell a full line of wig options ranging from $80-$120. Reimbursement options are available through insurance companies. Free wigs available when donations are in stock.
Please note: This list may not include all providers or options in the community. WMCC respects the patient/family right to choice. We strongly encourage you to ask about discounts, delivery time frame and insurance benefits.
For information on donating hair for wig programs, click on the following link: