For Patients & Families
Find your wellness.
We are always looking for ways to educate our patients to help them prevent cancer and recurrence of their disease. Studies show that tobacco use raises your risk of multiple types of cancer. If you use tobacco, we encourage you to quit and offer the following resources to help you:
ON THE PHONE
Ask your provider to refer you to the Michigan Tobacco Quitline to help you kick the habit. This service is free for all cancer patients and includes:
- Drug Therapies – Up to 8 weeks of nicotine patches, gum, or lozenges to
help you quit.
- Coaching Services – 4 phone sessions with a highly trained counselor to support you through the quit process.
- Ongoing Support – Additional help between coaching sessions, 7 days a week from 7:00 am to 1:00 am
Once you are referred, you will receive a call from 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669).
ON THE WEB
Quitting is a journey. On this site, you will find support, tips, tools, and expert advice to help you or someone you love quit smoking, including:
- Smoke-free texting programs
- Smoke-free apps
- Smoke-free social media
- How to successfully use nicotine replacement therapy
- Support 24/7
Due to COVID-19, community tobacco cessation classes are suspended for in-person education. Talk with your provider about which approach would be best for you.