For Patients & Families
Request an Appointment
Once you are an established patient, you can contact your doctor’s medical assistant through WMCC MyChart:
You can also call us at 269.382.2500, (press 1’ and follow the prompts) to schedule:
- Office visits with gynecologic, radiation, or surgical oncologist
- Radiation treatment appointments
- Outpatient testing/imaging
*If, due to COVID-19, you prefer a telehealth visit with your provider, please let the scheduler know at least 48 hours in advance.
Contact your doctor’s nurse liaison through MyChart for assistance with:
- Symptom management
- Questions about treatment
If you do not have a MyChart account, please call us at 269.373.7494 or stop by the registration desk on the 1st or 3rd floor. You will need to provide your current email address. We will email you back and invite you to sign up for a MyChart account.
If you do not have an email address or internet access, call us at 269.382.2500, and press option ‘3’ to reach the registration desk.
Your First Visit
It’s not easy finding out you need cancer treatment. We understand that you probably feel nervous about your upcoming appointment. We want you to know that the entire staff at WMCC is ready to support you with high-quality, compassionate care. Our mission is to make you feel as comfortable as possible during this challenging time. Below you will find information to help you prepare and know what to expect at your first visit. Please be sure to check our current COVID-19 Guidelines before your visit.
You will receive a packet in the mail that includes a health and history questionnaire. Please print the appropriate forms at home, complete the information and bring the packet with you.
If you have an appointed power of attorney (POA) or legal guardian, that person is required to be in attendance at your initial consultation. They will also need to bring their POA/legal guardian paperwork. Please plan to arrive 30 minutes before your first consult visit with your doctor. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call us 24 hours or more in advance at 269.382.2500, and follow the prompts to reach the appropriate scheduler.
- Packet you received in the mail including completed health and history questionnaire
- Picture ID
- Insurance cards
- Prescription cards
- List of medications and dosages including date prescribed and name of prescribing physician
- A copy of your advance directive (living will and/or power of attorney for health care), if you have one, which will be placed in your permanent record
- The person you appointed as your power of attorney, if you have one, for your initial consultation
If requested, please bring:
- X-ray (actual films or CD) and x-ray reports (i.e., MRI, PET scan, CT, bone scan, mammogram, diagnostic reports)
- Pathology report and slides
- Medical records
WMCC provides patient parking in the lot directly in front of our building as well as in an adjacent lot directly north of our facility. Click here for a map of our facility.
First stop inside WMCC
- For radiation oncology, proceed to the 1st floor registration desk.
- For gynecologic or surgical oncology, proceed to the 3rd floor registration desk.
- You are encouraged to bring a pad of paper and pen to take notes.
- Tell your doctor how much information you want to know; some people want to know all the details, while others may want a general overview.
- Ask any questions, and be sure you understand the answers.
Questions to ask your doctor:
- What kind of cancer do I have?
- How far along is my disease? (What stage is it?)
- What are the possible treatments for the type of disease I have?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of each treatment?
- How long will I receive treatment, how often, where, and how will it be given?
- When will you know if it is effective and how?
- What will happen if this treatment doesn’t work?
- Are there any supplemental treatments, vitamins, or nutritional aids that would help my treatments?
Keep track of appointments, tests, procedures, and treatments performed, including where and when they were done. Report for all treatments and follow up care. If you are unable to keep an appointment, please call us 24 hours or more in advance at 269.382.2500, and follow the prompts to reach the appropriate department’s scheduler.
Each time you return for a treatment or doctor visit, please check in at the 1st floor registration desk for radiation oncology or 3rd floor registration desk for gynecologic and surgical oncology. If your insurance coverage changes, please let the registration staff know so that they can scan your new card. We want to make sure that we bill the correct insurance carrier for your care.